Facilitated by Terry Hildebrandt and Tim Kincaid
An interactive, informative and insightful exploration of social/emotional intelligence and EQ.
Objectives and Outcomes
- Understanding important distinctions between IQ and EQ
- Understand theory and basics of emotional intelligence quotient (EQ), and 4-quadrant model of social and emotional intelligence.
- Taking a complimentary online Social + Emotional Intelligence Profile (SEIP) self-assessment before the conference, which includes a detailed personal report, each participant will gain greater understanding of the 26 competencies that comprise his own EQ.
- Experience first-hand peer coaching around EQ assessments.
- Understanding of different EQ assessments, training/certification, and ideas on how to use EQ with your clients and in your practice.
Research shows that EQ (Emotional Intelligence quotient) is a better predicter of success than IQ (intelligence quotient). But exactly what is emotional intelligence? How can coaches and help our clients develop and leverage their EQ?
This interactive session begins with brief introduction to emotional intelligence – the history and theoretical grounding. Then together we’ll explore the results of our own individual EQ self-assessment, completed earlier. All conference attendees will receive a link via email to complete a Social + Emotional Intelligence Profile (SEIP) online before attending the workshop. After taking this complimentary online survey, they will be able to immediately download a personalized SEIP report that will give them insights into their personal strengths and areas of growth on the 26 competencies. (See http://the-isei.com/the_social_and_emotional_profile_self.aspx for more details about the SEIP.) We’ll wrap up with a group debrief, and hear recommendations and resources to help you incorporate EQ into your own coaching practice (and life).